Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Muscle Motivator...

My personal trainer
When it comes to working out I've never done group (my lack of balance is one-enough-said reason!) unless it's hiking with my family.

To remain truly motivated, I've always gravitated towards activities that require that least amount of effort before I exert any myself.

Lace up a pair and hit the trail.

My natural surroundings provide all the motivation I need. Open space.The breathtaking Rockies. Even wildlife beyond the canine variety.

But in the winter months when that requires layering up in fleece, I opt out of the wind chill factor and head for the rec center.

Initially I struggled with the challenge to stay focused as my natural motivators were now artificial in nature--a trio of wall-mounted LCD screens; grunting outbursts from the over-muscled and the clanging of metal against metal. 

I needed to tune out all the distractions!

I briefly entertained investing in a personal trainer to stay driven, but decided I needed the commitment to come from within.

Thankfully, I have a nearly daily private session to get me through lap after lap and rep after rep.

Today I am grateful for:

*my 1st generation iPod--it's the best investment in a personal trainer I've ever made.


No comments:

Post a Comment