Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tube Thoughts...



You think I'd be used to this by now. After all, I've had more MRI's than I can count on two hands. I know for some it's easier with each passing year, but for me I think it's getting harder as I rack up the point of no return years. I can't help the fear that the longer I'm a meningioma survivor that one day my perfect record will shatter. I'm on a Cal Ripken Jr. streak if you will.

Enough of the doom and gloom!

Much earlier today, I underwent my nth date with the MRI tube. On the upside, the scans that used to take 45 minutes have significantly shaved off minutes--a bonus for the claustophobic. Call it the drive-thru MRI if you will. With that said, the sensations haven't changed or the newly added features I experienced for the first time today. Did someone say earthquake simulator?!

So in an INXS "Mediate" sort of way, my ruminations about my meningioma journey thus far from earlier today while in the tube and as I awaited my follow up report with everything crossed...

Anticipation.
Vibrations.
Ruminations.
Frustrations.
Gyrations.
Meditations.
Various sensations.
Recalibrations.
Questions.
Undulations.
Illumination.
Isolation.
Deformation.
Aggravation.
Perspiration.
Realizations.
Imagination.
Mixed emotions.
Mutation.
Medications.
Trepidation.
Operations.
Gestation.
Contemplation.
Deviation.
Infiltration.
Speculation.

And then I received word from the oracle aka my brilliant neurosurgeon....

Actually his smile gave away the results before he uttered them.

"Perfectly clear." Then he flashed me two thumbs up.

My reaction aside from obvious relief?!
Liberation.
Elation.
Gratification.
Celebration.
Exhilaration.

What a difference nine years makes.

3 comments:

  1. Cal Ripken? You know the only time I watched your husband play was "the" game.

    You are remarkable. I appreciate you more than I could ever express. Thank you for everything you do and good luck in the upcoming year.

    Stuart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...love it when ex's listen! I am glad you're in the clear. That just means we have more time for more wine!

    BTW-I'm completely impressed that you were able to recall all those tube-invoked words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuart we can celebrate in May!

    And Mia, there is always time for wine!

    Thank you both. :)

    ReplyDelete