Monday, March 26, 2012

Meningioma Monday...

"Creativity is contagious. Pass it on.” — Albert Einstein

I admire creative people especially those with an artistic bent. Being one who works with words, it was only natural to wonder if I would lose the ability to write after my meningioma surgeries. Thankfully, time and lots of healing proved my doubts and fears wrong.

Despite my meningioma, I'm still able to pursue my craft. Along my meningioma journey I've been fortunate to cross paths with other meningioma survivors who are still able to pursue their creative passions.

Today's Meningioma Monday "Creative Cranium" shout out goes to Barbara Conway, a meningioma survivor who is an oil painting genius.

Check her out at:


http://barbaraconaway.com/ 



Barbara also blogs about her meningioma journey at:


http://barbaraconaway.blogspot.com/ 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about meningioma. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about meningioma. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page.
    Ninety-two percent of meningiomas are benign, with 8% being either atypical or malignant.
    Approximately 96% of meningiomas occur within the skull, with the remaining 4% involving the spinal column. Meningiomas are the most common type of primary brain tumor, accounting for 34.4% of all such tumors. A primary brain tumor originates from the brain, spinal cord or associated tissues (called the central nervous system or CNS), while a secondary brain tumor arises from cancerous cells that have spread (metastasized) to the CNS from elsewhere in the body.

    meningioma

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://meningiomaheadstart.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-passing-of-beloved-old-friend.html

    ReplyDelete